Why Become an Egg Donor with Matching Miracles?
If you’ve done any research on egg donation, you know there are several clinics, agencies, and banks to choose from. We think you’ll find Matching Miracles to be unique when it comes to helping egg donors feel respected, safe, and very much a part of this special process.
A true testament to how we treat our donors is the fact that many of them return to donate again. Many recipient families could not have children without these women and we’re grateful that our egg donors choose Matching Miracles to help the recipient families.
To get started without obligation, you can complete our simple questionnaire and review the information below about what to expect when you choose Matching Miracles.
How Your Egg Donation Helps Recipient Families
Many people are surprised to learn that women are born with all the eggs they’ll ever have (unlike men who continue to make sperm throughout their reproductive years).
To put it into perspective, at birth, your healthy ovaries hold approximately 2 million eggs. By the time you reach puberty, only about 300,000 of your eggs remain and less than 400 will ever be ovulated*.
Rather than letting healthy, viable eggs go unused, women of all ethnicities are choosing to become egg donors for couples whose own eggs aren’t otherwise capable or for the LGBTQ community.
Egg donation is more than a safe, proven process--it’s a generous gift that gives hope to recipient families wanting to build a family of their own.
What Are the Requirements to Become an Egg Donor?
Matching Miracles is currently recruiting qualified egg donors of all ethnicities.
To qualify as an egg donor, you must meet the following strict medical standards:
- Between the ages of 21 to 32 (first time donors are typically 21 to 28)
- Normal height and weight with a BMI 18 to 28
- Deemed healthy and STD Free
The 9 Steps of Egg Donation
1. Pre-Qualification: Your egg donation experience begins with the completion of a simple questionnaire which is carefully reviewed to ensure completeness and to verify pre-qualification.
2. Health History: If you pre-qualify, Matching Miracles will invite you to complete a more thorough profile history and submit photos of yourself for our online egg donor catalog.
3. Final Review/Acceptance: Once you’ve completed your profile history and submitted photos, we’ll conduct a final qualification review to determine eligibility.
4. Screenings: If chosen by a recipient family, you’ll undergo a comprehensive medical screening and review as well as a psychological evaluation at no cost to you, including:
- Physical Examination
- Transvaginal Ultrasound Examination
- Basic Hormone Screening
- Genetic Carrier Screening
- Mandated FDA Infectious Disease Screening
- Drug Screening
5. Psychological Evaluation: Given by a qualified mental health professional per the guidelines set forth by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM).
6. Retrieval Cycle: If you’re matched as an egg donor for a recipient family, you’ll begin the multi-step retrieval cycle. This includes ultrasound monitoring and lab work, along with daily self-injections to induce follicular development.
7. Support: We’ll be with you every step of the way to patiently answer your questions.
8. Egg Retrieval: The final step is the egg retrieval procedure. This is when your eggs (oocytes) are retrieved and donated to the recipient family
9. Compensation: Donors that complete the egg donation cycle will be compensated.
Matching Miracles adheres to guidelines set forth by the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to ensure donors are properly screened and compensated for their time and commitment.